Monday, November 17, 2008

Textured

Time for a new theme.

We were all striped out and so now we are looking for 'texture'. My main source of inspiration seems to be nature. It is the only time I really get to get the camera out without the baby demanding my attention. However, I may now be restricted in my little outdoor jaunts as I have done my knee in tonight at the gym... confined indoors with a overactive 5 month old could be a recipe for disaster!! or insanity!! watch this blog to see which comes first!




















I have never liked cacti. Never really understood those people who collect them and always thought that they were one of the most ugly things on the planet!

Well, in the last few years my opinion of cacti has changed somewhat. First of all I went to a cacti garden on Monte Carlo which was a massive public garden of flowering cacti. It was incredible - overlooking the harbour and the grandprix raceway it really was something quite extraordinary. Unfortunately I forgot my camera that day.

More recently, on the salt lakes in Bolivia, I came across some extremely old cacti... they only grow something like a cm every 10 years!! in one of the most incredibly remote and challenging environments on the planet. An island of elderly cacti... new found respect.














The yellow cacti above were found in the park near my house. They present a variety of texture all in one talented little plant!

No comments: