Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reckless Abandon

I have started carrying my camera around with me again. For an entire year while travelling my camera was permanently attached to me; like another arm, my way of viewing the world. I left it in a bar in Tibet once. I camped outside the entire day in tears until I got it back! I think at times it meant more to me than my husband! Not! However, since having a child, I haven't been taking it out. Well! Once you have packed the pram, the nappy bag, the bag with the toys, the picnic blanket, the sicky cloths, an entire change of clothes for you and her! and finally managed to walk out the door .... oops I forgot the baby! You really do already have your hands full!!

So, now that we are in a bit more of a routine and I am slightly more competent as a Mum I am starting to take it out with me again. What I do seem to have lost slightly is the reckless abandon with which I used to take photographs. Is this because I am not a tourist here and therefore do not have an automatic licence to shoot whatever I like wherever I please? or is it because I am out of practice? Am I just self conscious? We shall see as time goes on.

Playing with shadows. I got a few funny looks as I parked the pram and fiddled around with angles with this in the middle of nowhere!









1 comment:

dive said...

What great shots!
Well worth a few funny looks.