Thursday, November 6, 2008

Store Detective to Ilse 3 please! .....

Stumbling across Christmas candy canes in the supermarket yesterday I just could not help myself! The ultimate Christmas stripe - and it is only just November!

I didn't buy them. I just photographed them! There is something about candy canes. They symbolise Christmas. Every year I end up with at least one. The thing is... they look great but they taste awful. So no, I am not buying any this year. Just like so much else about Christmas - lots of frivolity at so much expense! Ba Humbug! Anyway I have decided it is definitely the stripes I like.














By the way, I am sure that they must have put a call out for the in store detective to come to Isle 3 just to watch the weird woman in taking photographs of the merchandise! Ah, no matter...

3 comments:

dive said...

Wow! What a great shot.
I had no idea what it was until I read your text.
Cool!
And thanks for the warning. I've never eaten one but now I know how they taste I'll be avoiding them even more assiduously.

Vic said...

Dive, you focus on the weird and possibly wonderful culinary experience yet you've had your head buried for the run of the mill such as candy canes???

Kat, check out Rick Lee's Produce blogging series. Also remember that you wouldn't have worried about what people though opverseas, so why here?

Katherine Buckley said...

Dive - I can't believe you have never been tempted by a candy cane?! They are everywhere at Christmas and look so enticing!

Tori - The produce shots are great ... definately your bag! and more source for inspiration. Like his people shots too...
Maybe I worry more as I am a local here and don't want people to think I am a nut case taking photos of shadows and road signs! Where as overseas I was just another one of those damned tourists with cameras!